Because I spent a good portion of this week trying to figure out what the hell I did to piss Murphy off, today I decided to hide from the world and reminisce.
Part of that reminiscing (the part after my sister showed up on my doorstep and forced me to venture out into the world of the living) I’ve been watching VH1′s I Love The 80s series and I have a few confessions to make.
- I used to watch, love, and am still pissed that they canceled Inspector Gadget, Jem, and She-Ra.
- I watched ALF every week and prayed for God to send me my own fuzzy alien (instead I got a cat).
- I danced like an Egyptian, and still do when no one’s watching.
- When I was 10, I decided to marry Rob Lowe when I turned 20 (as you may have guessed, that didn’t happen).
- I recognized and knew the lyrics to every song they featured. Every. Single. One.
- I think Don Johnson’s single was pretty decent.
- I fantasized about being on Nickelodeon’s Double Dare
- I collected Garbage Pail Kids
I’m sure there’s more, but that’s all I can think of right now.
On a final note, in today’s day and age, you probably couldn’t get away with a PSA that includes “…life can be pretty fun if you’re straight.”
Chances are it’d be misconstrued. Oh how times have changed.