- Just finished upgrading my personal blog to WP 2.5 for the sake of documentation. #
- Upgrade fully complete. Some plugins borked. All in all, went smoothly. Automatic plugin upgrade is definitely a nice feature. #
- Video tutorial to come tomorrow. I’m tired now. http://tinyurl.com/2ofecs #
- @WiredPig — you are definitely right about the file editor, but I generally encourage people not to use it anyway. #
- @WiredPig – I hear it. It can be quite convenient. It will be missed by many. (They may even add it back in a later version, who knows?) #
- All right. Time for bed. G’night tweeps. Sleep well and dream good dreams. #
- My first WP 2.5 bug arises and it has to do with widgets (of course): http://tinyurl.com/2ufvpo #
- The Supr Preppy WordPress theme has landed: http://tinyurl.com/2lnagn Enjoy #
- @annetteyen – thanks for the head’s up, I corrected the download link and it should be working now. #
If you’re known to use widgets, you may want to keep your eyes open for a small bug which I’ve come across on this blog while trying to update my newest theme.
This quirk is hard to describe, but I’ll do my best…
First, the theme I’m working on features 3 sidebars: One with a custom name, Top Side, and two using the ‘Sidebar %d’ method (i.e. Top Side, Sidebar 1 and Sidebar 2).
I created a custom text block for the first widget and added it to ‘Top Side’. So far, so good. Tweaked the functions.php file in order to remove the before and after widget <li> code and all continued to be right with the world.
Then, I decided to add a widget to the first sidebar and that’s when the sky fell down on my head. finish reading »
It’s official. Mild Insanity is now running the most recent version of WordPress.
This upgrade didn’t come entirely of my own volition; I used MI as a guinea pig (as I always do) in order to put together a video tutorial of the upgrade process. Although I’ve already done one, since 2.5 is a significant milestone, I figured it could use some sprucing up since the back end has changed. finish reading »
- Back from Tampa and life appears to be returning to (somewhat) normal. #
- Just had the most baffling conversation with my sister. Apparently she’s picking me up at midnight and we’re going to Tampa. How long? Dunno #
- @DearYvette – French fries sound good right about now. Care to share? #
- @daver – definitely *not* a party and definitely *not* Ybor. #
- @Balou – my brain started hurting just from the title. Does he even have a uterus? #
- @Balou Oh, nevermind. I *think* I get it now. He was previously a she and now he’s pregnant? I think. I need a nap. #
- Taking a break from writing tutorials to pack and nap. (Plus eat lunch first.) #
- G’mornin’ twittervillians. Hope you all had a fantastic Easter weekend (if you observe it). My 3 day weekend is over now; time for work. #
- Enough theme tweaking for one evening. Thank you everyone who took a peek and offered your feedback. Now, time for bed. G’night tweeps. #
- Lesson learned: bed @ 5am = unproductive day. #
- Currently testing out my newest WP theme at http://www.mildinsanity.com/ (it’s been on the back burner too long) #
- @WiredPig – stole the words right out of my mouth ROFL #
- @PreppyDude – I don’t really know how it happened, but somehow (possibly through osmosis) you became the inspiration for my new WP theme. #
This site will probably look borked up for a couple days as I put some finishing touches on my newest WordPress theme, Supr Preppy. This has literally been sitting in my WP dev folder since early this year (i.e. January) and it’s about time I finish the darn thing and release it.
Frankly, the only thing that was holding it from release was IE6′s poor support of transparent PNG rendering and my not wanting to hack around with it because there are issues with their Alpha Loader hack that I’d rather not discuss because I’m weary enough as it is. Instead, IE6 users will get a slightly modified version of the theme.
For the next few days, I’ll be cleaning up the style sheet and preparing it for its first release. (Oh, and yes, it’s compatible with WP 2.5.x — woo hoo.)
- I have the song "Time in a Bottle" stuck in my head. It is such a beautifully sweet song. #
- Listening to 2, possibly 3, helicopters hovering over head. Sounds like something big is going down. #
- @DearYvette – Awesome. I’ve always been fond of the number 11. #
- Why don’t people understand the concept of a *fan* site. I didn’t create the show and I have no connections to the show producers. #
- @daver – ROFL. I wish I could say it were true, but she’s on RR *and* using the latest version of Firefox. #
- It’s been a strange day. Glad to hop off the ‘puter and get ready for dance class. Later tweeps. #