It’s long overdue, but I’m finally redesigning the Teli Design Studio. Right now there’s just a placeholder up while I work behind the scenes, but I’m tempted to take it down so that people can watch a design in its various iterations. Since I’m too tired right now, it’s a decision which needs to wait ’til morning.
I wonder what it says about me when I have a dream that by normal definitions would be considered a nightmare, yet I think it would make one freakishly fantastic story. (And rather than frighten me, said dream only made me slightly tense.)
I want me some pretty (serif) ampersands, so I’m making a mental note of the (relatively web-friendly) font families which have them.
Baskerville, “Goudy Old Style”, Palatino, “Book Antiqua”
I’ll probably come across some others, but for now…pretty ampersand fonts, duly noted.
David Foster Wallace, according to I Write Like, a relatively new online tool which compares your writing to a pool of well known and accomplished authors.
That was my result when I tried two short stories and the prologue to a novel. Then I tried an Amazon review and it told me I write like Dan Brown. (Not my review of Twilight, though. For that, I apparently channeled Meyer herself.)
Then I put in another novel’s prologue and it told me I write like David Foster Wallace again.
Oh, and Cormac McCarthy writes like Ursula K. Le Guin.
Happy link dump day!
- Wolfram|ALPHA: brainchild of Google founder which answers questions
- Craiglook: the Craigslist search engine with a GUI
- Shop Goodwill: Goodwill has an auction site; imagine the gems which could be found there
- How Americans Spend Now: interesting look at how some Americans are spending in the recession
- OMGPOP: as if I needed another time waster
- The Dooce Archives: one of these days I’m going to sit down and read every single entry from day one…maybe
- Menus of Old: Kottke.org: because in the late 19th century, they also included a bill of rights with their meals
- Real Dolls Factory Pics: can you say creepy? (yet fascinating.) and it comes with video
- The Deplorable State of New Media: because Gene Weingarten is an hilarious old codger
- Boost Creativity and Part 2: who couldn’t use a bit more creativity in his life?
- Periodic Table of Swearing: mental note: must purchase table…and badger them to make it into a desktop background image
- Shit My Kids Ruined: I’m sure my sisters could appreciate this and I can use it as visual birth control
Got a HUGE package from Amazon the other day. It was so huge I thought someone had actually bought me all 200+ items from my Wishlist. Then I opened it.
My hope waned when I saw all the butcher paper, but there was still an inkling, so I removed the paper…
iPhone screen protectors. Hope gone.
Amazon Packaging Failure. (Thank goodness I recycle.)
To the folks residing in the USofA, may your barbeques by sizzlin’ and your fireworks be dazzlin’.
(And to the folks residing in South Florida, let’s all say a collective prayer that the clouds will disperse thereby eliminating any chance of rain…)